G&T is working with Bisnow to deliver a webinar series that explores Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) in construction.
The third webinar in this series focused on the importance of driving visibility through your supply chain and how visibility and associated supply chain engagement is critical to achieve ESG goals. Nicky Wright is a partner within G&T's Infrastructure team and is passionate about achieving her clients' sustainability goals through extensive and direct engagement with the supply market to ensure a sustainable procurement strategy. Nicky chaired this panel discussion, using her years of experience across procurement, commercial and project delivery to provide invaluable insights and best practice advice.
Watch the webinar to find out practical advice on how you can drive greater visibility and engagement within your supplier network and how this can help drive forward your ESG agenda.
The session covered three key topic areas including the current UK landscape and associated regulation and policy, the risks and barriers that currently exist in achieving ESG goals throughout the supply chain and the importance of driving value through best practise procurement approaches in order to drive ESG outcomes. The discussion looked at the following questions:
- What are the current market drivers and latest regulations relating to ESG goals?
- How have these pressures been felt by clients and how has the wider industry been responding?
- How do contractors manage multiple client demands and cascade these through to the supply chain?
- What conflicts exist between overarching sustainability strategies and the chosen project delivery route?
- What are the most popular Sustainability topics that are being accessed by the market (both clients and contractors)?
- What are the biggest challenges to contractors in achieving client set ESG goals?
- What has helped to drive ESG goals and sustainability within the supply chain?
Thank you to all of our panellists involved: Andrew Wilson from Supply Chain Sustainability School, Andrew Spencer from Galliford Try and Helen Cater of Action Sustainability.
If you want to watch the previous sessions from this series, use the links below:
If you want advice on how to drive visibility within your supplier network to define and achieve your ESG goals, contact Nicky today.